I'm a big believer that we live in a place that was once Heaven, once completely beautiful and perfect. Then, Satan came along and with him, sin. So now we live in a place that is fallen, that is less than perfect, and so we all encounter Heaven and Hell at times while on this earth.
We got to experience a little bit of Hell, this past week when we discovered one of Shannon's fraternity brothers was murdered in his church...unbelievable, shocking, horrifying. Shannon and I were talking about the situation "in code" a couple of evenings ago while preparing for dinner. I wish I could remember exactly what I said, but I know I was relaying a general disdain for the person responsible for his death.
Right on cue, Kaitlyn chimes in with, "Aren't we supposed to love our enemies?"
Wow.
Shannon and I exchanged looks of shock...a few words from Heaven just when you least expect it, from the mouth of a child no less.
I can't fully wrap my head around loving the responsible people in this situation, but my little five year old was a good reminder that hating these people allows Satan a victory in this battle.
I guess we all have the choice to be little bit of Heaven or Hell in someone else's life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow! How humbling.
ReplyDeleteI have had a really hard time wrapping my head around that situation too. I can't even imagine. Been praying for his wife.