As you all know, the multiple days of over 100 degree weather in Texas have been exhausting. It's so hot outside we don't usually enjoy being out unless we are at the pool or water park. Our backyard is blazing hot in the evenings with the sun beating down on it, so we try to avoid it also.
Andrew wanted to go outside this day and "sit here for ten minutes" as he put it. SO, he and Daddy sat on the driveway where shade was provided and counted cars. Andrew thought this was tons of fun! It made me smile that kids enjoy such simple things. We live in such a fast paced society where we put our kids in front of the television, computers and in activity upon activity so they can be "the best" that sometimes it's easy to forget kids really enjoy simplicity and most importantly our presence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I love that Andrew was counting cars. So cute.
ReplyDeleteAnd Shannon could not look more annoyed that you're taking his picture. :) I get those same looks from Ryan when I'm holding a camera. Ha!