Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Our Little Philanthropists

Kaitlyn and Andrew have been begging to pick up the litter outside.  "When can we pick up litter?"  "Mommy you said we could pick up litter."  (Yeah, when it's not 110 degrees outside!) 
Well, Daddy said we should do it on Sunday, so despite the heat we set out and helped cleaned up part of the road near our house. 
I will admit the kids had a much better attitude about it than I did, as sweating at high noon is not my favorite thing in the world.  Either way, I was really proud the kids wanted to do something good for the earth, and even prouder that my sweet husband said "Let's do it today."
I can see their little hearts growing for God daily, and it's such sweetness.



I think it's time to get out of the heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment