Don't know just what to do with myself
I'm so used to doing everything with you"
If you recognize this song you are probably picturing Cameron Diaz singing in a karaoke bar in "My Best Friend's Wedding" right about now, but this was the song that kept coming to my mind today after I dropped Kaitlyn at her first day of school.
I felt so odd like there was something I should be doing and wasn't.
I was a little sad when we left, but it was hard to be too sad because she was SO excited. We prayed in the car, on the way to school that she would have a wonderful day and make new friends, and we prayed for her sweet teacher with a classroom full of new students. And Kaitlyn reminded me not to miss her too much because she would be home later and she would have holidays off like Daddy! Lol.
When I picked her up from school she was still smiling, and told me "Kindergarten was awesome!" I take that as a good sign that things went great!
We got ice cream with some friends just down the road after school, so that made the day even more fun!
We are so proud of you Miss Kaitlyn, and cannot wait to see how much you grow and learn this year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








So glad she loved it!
ReplyDeleteAnd I, for one, was totally picturing the scene from "My Best Friend's Wedding". :)